Arcen Games has announced that the sequel to the highly regarded AI War: Fleet Command, AI War 2, is going to enter Steam Early Access on October 15th, 2018. With nearly two million (combined) units sold, the fans demanded that a sequel get made, and so, one was made.
In this outing, you’ll be taking on the malicious AI again. Here’s what Arcen had to say about it.
“What’s New and What Are We Working On?
We still have a lot we want to add, and even more we want to polish, but the current version of AI War 2 is already vast:
- Many optional factions, each with their own goals and strategy, creating a living galaxy
- Polished gameplay mechanics, representing everything learned from the original AI War: Fleet Command’s six expansions
- Redesigned UI, currently going through iterations
- Over 1700 lines of spoken dialogue from more than 25 actors, and more to come for the AI itself
- 1.5 hours of new music added to the 4.5 hour score included from the original AI War: Fleet Command
- A ton of map types, with a lot of sub-options to make them even more varied
- Crazy moddability, with many levers available in easily-accessible XML
- Multiplayer is temporarily disabled, but still being implemented
- Multithreading for modern performance, and a codebase that will not summon an elder god
AI War 2 will retail for $19.99 in Early Access, with a discount planned for launch week.”
We are very excited for it because we are looking forward to seeing how Arcen will move the Grand Strategy/RTS hybrid genre forward.
So, stay tuned to eXplorminate for further developments.