For those who’ve been waiting for the first Endless Space 2 expansion, your wait is over. On January 18th, Amplitude announced the upcoming “Vaulters” DLC on their live Twitch stream. Included in the expansion:
- A new civilization means a new way to play, the Vaulters will have the ability to teleport and use the Argosy – their legacy super colonizer ship
- The Vaulters will also have their own heroes (including the famous Opbot), technologies, buildings, and of course, a brand-new main quest.
- A new starting special node.
- The Sisters of Mercy minor civilization.
- Improvements to Combat.
- Additional ship modules.
- Multiple bug fixes.
The Vaulters expansion will retail for $10.99 and is available for preorder on the Steam page for Endless Space 2.
In addition, Amplitude also released their free Community Challenge Add-on that includes:
- A new planetary anomaly.
- The six-arm spiral galaxy type.
- A new random event.
- New ship modules.
- A new hero.
- The mezari fleet skin for the Lumeris.
To claim the add-on, proceed to Amplitude’s Games2Gether site. Login to your account (or make one if you don’t have one), link your Steam account, then claim your prize!
Don’t forget about Endless Day. This is a celebration of Amplitude’s 7th anniversary where lots of amazing content is ready to be opened up by community participation. One more thing, Amplitude is known for their amazing lore, and Jeff Spock leads the team. Here’s what he’s been up to of late. Prepare to enjoy!
Stay tuned to eXplorminate for future updates and reactions for this new content.