Somebody better warn Phil Collins, Genesis is now available! Oh wait, wrong Genesis. Interstellar Space: Genesis, on the other hand, is now available for pre-order. Interested players can pick up the game right now.
Interstellar Space: Genesis is a 4X game inspired by the classic Master of Orion 2 and features:
- Turn-based tactical combat
- Ship Design
- Free space-based movement with range limits
- Race customization
- Ship and Colony Leaders with skills, traits and desires
- Deep colony development and terraforming
- Random tech trees
- Races with different ideal planet types
- Rich and reliable diplomacy system
- Varied and deep exploration mechanics
- Define your space civilization wants and desires
- Deep economic mode
IS:G is currently only available at the game’s website, however the publishers promise it’ll be up on Steam soon. The game is for 64-bit Windows machines only at the moment, but the developers plan to add Mac and Linux support, as well.
While the game is available right now, the developers caution that IS:G is still in what they consider to be a pre-Alpha state. They’re using the early access time to generate feedback on gameplay and also to generate funding for further development. So, don’t expect a perfect gameplay experience just yet.
As a 4X on the horizon, of course, eXplorminate plans additional coverage, so check back for more information as we get it.