When you hear someone say “I’m the Juggernaut…” I’m sure you immediately think of THAT X-MEN character. Well, not this time. Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation is about to release a free update dubbed version 2.3
This update will include:
- New Juggernaut-class ships
- A new fully voiced campaign chapter called “Genesis”
- New maps
- Adjustments to existing campaigns
- Game balancing and more
Here’s a little video depicting the action to come – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff24klrvEuw
Brad Wardell, Stardock CEO, had this to say about the new ship class: “We’re really excited to introduce the Juggernauts. Fans of the game have been asking about them since we teased them several months ago, and we know these won’t disappoint [the fans]. These warships are pricey to build – you won’t see them in quick matches – but the cost is worth it. It takes some serious firepower to stop one of these guys once they hit the field.”
Furthermore, Juggernaut class ships do not cap at level 5 like Dreadnoughts. Juggernauts can level indefinitely and receive a 5% bonus to health and damage with every rank up. Version 2.3 comes with two of these massive warships, one for the PHC and one for the Substrate:
- PHC – The Leonidas: A heavy anti-Dreadnought, this ship boasts the most powerful weapon ever mounted on a construct. It can tear Dreadnoughts apart while using its rail cannons and auto cannons for defense.
- Substrate – The Nest of the Queen: This massive warship summons an entire army of frigates to overwhelm the enemy with rapidly-replacing assault and repair drones, all while under the safety of a shield regenerator.
Stardock realizes that their previous campaigns are unbalanced, so they are including a major rebalancing pass to make sure that the old campaigns align with the new content. This introduces new units to older campaigns as well as changes to campaign progression.
Ashes of the Singularity is looking better and better with each update and we’re excited to see where the game will go from here.