So say we all!
Slitherine and Black Lab Games, in partnership with Universal Brand Development, have announced a new strategy game, Battlestar Galactica Deadlock, for later this summer.
These two studios previously collaborated on Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy, a title we remember fondly for its solid gameplay and awesome game engine.
JD McNeil, chairman of the Slitherine group, had this to say about the new game:
“The Battlestar Galactica universe has an incredibly loyal following and very high expectations. As a publisher, we understand what it means to work on a project that has to please a specific audience while delivering a deep strategic experience.”
Here’s some of what to expect from BGD:
- Command the Colonial Fleet: Design and build fleets of powerful capital ships: from the Manticore corvette to the mighty Jupiter class Battlestar, you won’t be short on firepower.
- Build Your Leadership Team: Recruit officers to protect the Twelve Colonies.
- Legendary Names: Continue the legacy of Battlestar Galactica with new characters and familiar faces in an original story set during the First Cylon War. Launch Viper squadrons and Raptor scouts, and jump the Galactica in to dominate the battlefield. An authentic Battlestar Galactica experience awaits
- WEGO 3D Tactical Battles: Intense tactical space battles in full 3D. Give commands to your fleet of capital ships and watch the explosive results play out in pausable real-time across beautiful, 4k-supported environments
- War Room Politics: From the bridge of the Daidalos shipyard you will command the entire Colonial Fleet. Build up your forces and jump them across the quaternary solar system of Cyrannus. Keep the Colonies safe and the Quorum of Twelve unified, lest the alliance break and introduce a new age of Cylon tyranny.
- The Cylon Threat: Prepare to face relentless opposition. Defend against squadrons of Cylon Raiders and missile salvos from Basestars. Trust in your marines to fight off Centurion boarding parties, while your firewalls slow down the hacking attacks of the Wardriver electronic fighters. Unlock blueprints for new ships, munitions, and squadrons to help defeat your tireless foe.
- Join Forces: Experience Battlestar multiplayer like never before! Outwit your opponent in fierce 1-v-1 fleet battles.
If that last bullet didn’t scratch any itches, here, try this trailer on for size.
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is set for a summer release on PC, Xbox One, and PS4 and you can be sure we’ll be back soon to tell you more!