What have we been looking for of late? That’s easy, non-space 4X titles. Enter Sovereignty: Crown Of Kings, set in a fantasy world populated by Orcs, Goblins, Dwarves, Elves, and many others. You are tasked with repairing or replacing a crumbling old empire. You’ll compete with others through diplomacy, espionage, expansion and – you guessed it – conquest. Your faction choice and starting location will play a huge role in how you shape your empire and pursue victory.
- 35 factions with specific races, traits, heroes, and units for a unique playstyle and challenge in every game
- Campaign modes plus unique storyline campaigns based on your faction
- Resources, Trade, and Landmarks enrich the basic economy of a realm
- Conduct covert actions to spy on your enemies; bad-mouth them or improve your image in the eyes of others
- Learn new magical spells and use them to gain advantages or trick your opponents
- Lead your armies directly on the field and take advantage of terrain to outsmart enemy troops
- Use your hero ability at a key moment to swing the tide of battle
- Unit gain experience and unlock new skills
- Mod tools included! Create your own mods, or download mods shared by others
Interested? Good, because we certainly are. There’s more of course, but you get the idea. You’re probably wondering when the game is coming and how much it will cost, right? Sovereignty is leaving Steam’s Early Access on February 2nd and is already available for $24.99.