In the shadows no longer! Stars in Shadow publisher Iceberg Interactive has announced that their 4X MoO-revival game will be officially released on January 19. The game will be available on Steam (naturally), as well as “other digital platforms” for $24.99.
To celebrate the the launch, Iceberg has released a new trailer, which you can view here.
Developed by Ashdar Games, the staff of eXplorminate has been keeping a close eye on SiS for a while now. Some might recall that it was one of our most anticipated games of 2016, though it ended missing last year by only a few weeks. Better late than never, right?
Stars in Shadow promises:
- Deep turn-based tactical starship combat, with quality-of-life features like multi-ship command to keep large-scale engagements moving quickly
- Seven playable factions, each with unique gameplay elements. Play as one of the young races, just reaching out into the stars, or one of the old races: survivors of a war long past who bear ancient grudges
- A robust diplomacy system
- Empire management that focuses on high-level decisionmaking
- Many planet types, with their own lore and backstory
Of course, once the game releases we’ll have lots more coverage (including a review), so remember to check back after January 19!