To fans of this genre, it should be no surprise that we’re huge fans of Stardock’s Sorcerer King. So we’re beyond excited to announce the new standalone expansion for last summer’s surprise hit: Rivals.
The new eXpansion will take the SK we all know and love and turn it on its head. Per Stardock CEO, Brad Wardell,
“In the original Sorcerer King, the player’s mission was to round up allies to defeat the malevolent Sorcerer King before he can collect enough Doom Essence to cast the spell of Ascension. This time around, you, the player are able to collect your own Ascension magic in an attempt to reach godhood with everyone else having to try to stop you from doing so. You and the Sorcerer King are now rivals.“
Rivals also adds a ton of new content to the base SK, including:
- Two new factions to play as: the Dwarves of the Frozen
Realm and one other that has yet to be revealed
- Nearly a dozen hand-crafted maps to go along with the procedurally generated
maps the game is already well known for
- New, well-integrated quests that live up to the high standard you’d expect from Stardock’s Elemental-world games
- Three new boss monsters (bringing the total to five) who roam the world and punish those who cross their paths
- A user-friendly quest editor that automatically adds the new content to the game when saved
- Tightly integrated Steam Workshop support that lets players quickly share
their creations as well as download worlds and quests created by others
Stardock has set a release date of late Summer 2016 for the new eXpansion, which is like, y’know, SOON. How cool is that? A from-scratch purchase of SK + Rivals will cost you $29.99. People who already own the base game can pick up the new content for $9.99.
For more information, check out http://www.sorcererking.com/rivals and, of course, keep an eye and an ear on eXplorminate for all kinds of Sorcerer King coverage!