As expected (and previously discussed), Dawn of Andromeda (like Oriental Empires before it) is having a closed beta rather than go into Steam’s Early Access program. If you’re interested in Dawn of Andromeda and think you’re up to the challenge, click here to register for a chance to beta test the game because Round Two has begun.
From Iceberg Interactive, publishers of Dawn of Andromeda:
“This is our call to all enthusiastic and committed fans of the 4X genre, to enter the Closed Beta program and help us in a controlled test environment with their valuable feedback.”
Dawn of Andromeda is a new space 4X full of all the goodies that players expect from the genre including:
- An entire universe to explore, filled with factions, artefacts, ruins, and research opportunities
- Pre-designed, customizable races
- Specific eras, each with unique challenges
- A deep diplomacy system that is affected by your actions
- Real time, non-instanced combat
- Multiple, customizable victory conditions, unique to each faction
Best of luck to those hoping to get in the beta!