We always assumed humanity originated in the Sol system. We were wrong. Dawn of Andromeda, a new 4X RTS by Grey Wolf Entertainment will tell the story of our origin. Published by Iceberg Interactive, Andromeda will come to Steam Early Access in April 2016.
- Explore, expand, exploit and exterminate in this real-time space strategy game, featuring real-time combat in a dynamic and ever-evolving galaxy.
- New factions and characters can join the fray mid-game; artefacts, ruins, anomalies and a huge variety of fascinating elements are scattered throughout the galaxy and can yield new research opportunities. Various characters such as outlaws, merchants and others roam the galaxy.
- Asymmetric gameplay. Not all races discover space travel at the same time, some may have yet to discover it, some may have already built a mighty empire, and some races may be naturally stronger than others. However if you’d rather prefer a traditional 4X experience and start an entirely symmetric game, it’s up to you.
- Pre-designed, customizable and randomly generated races, each with their unique backgrounds and traits.
- Accessible gameplay, featuring a highly-intuitive User Interface.
- Eras; unique scenarios, each with a pre-designed galaxy and background stories which you can play as one of the existing factions, each with their own victory conditions, traits, challenges and ongoing conflicts and relationships.
- Choose between researching pre-fabricated or randomly generated ship designs, or alternatively research and discover ship parts, allowing you to create your own unique ship designs from them.
- In depth diplomacy system. Create or join coalitions, make allies and enemies, but beware, each action you take can change how the rest of the galaxy will view you. Destroying an entire planet, or just praising or denouncing another race, can have a deep impact on the balance of the entire galaxy.
- Reduce micromanagement by appointing governors to your colonies and council members to your empire, all of whom can be leveled up. Each come with their own unique traits, happiness and experience.
- Multiple, customizable victory conditions, which can even be set to vary for each faction, making for unpredictable friends and foes.
According to Mike Domingues, CEO of Grey Wolf Entertainment – “We have been keeping Dawn of Andromeda under wraps for quite some time and are delighted to now reveal it to the 4x commmunity.” Well, color us surprised. We are looking forward to see what this new entrant to the 4X genre does. It has a lot of competition, but they appear to be up to the task.
We are looking forward to giving Andromeda a spin. Stay tuned for future coverage.