Oriental Empires is a 4X turn-based strategy game about the birth of China starting at the Bronze age. eXplore the land up close, or zoom out to strategize your conquest. During your 3000 year quest (1500 BC to 1500 AD) you will grow your peoples from a small backwater village to a continent spanning empire.
Discover their scientific advancement, their cultural uniqueness and religious philosophies as you unify your neighbors in this semi-historical civilization building game.
This trailer is running eXclusively on eXplorminate, brought to us by the fine people at Iceberg Interactive, and is an extended version of a recently-released trailer:
- Start out as a single nation or tribe, starting from humble beginnings with a single settlement and expand your empire and develop your culture with the aim of becoming the universally recognized Son of Heaven and ruler of the world.
- Persuade the other factions to recognize you as such by either military force, or by diplomatic persuasion.
- Play as one of 16 different factions each with their own special bonuses or penalties.
- Vast beautifully rendered map featuring an attractive and authentic depiction of the landscape of China and Mongolia.
- Large scale battles with hundreds or thousands of soldiers, depicted in detail right on the game map. Watch skilled armies and reinforcements go to battle, according to the battle orders and formations set by the player.
- Fully animated 3D models, with variations in face and clothing for each model, including infantry, cavalry, chariot and artillery units, as well as naval forces.
- Long seamless zoom range lets you step right into the game world or zoom out for a strategic overview.
- Develop your settlements by constructing buildings and developing the landscape around them, build markets and ports to enable trade by land and water.
- Elaborate research tree including technology as well as cultural, philosophical and religious developments.
- Many other elements will determine the outcome of you quest for dominance such as Leaders, Sieges, Unrest and Rebellion, and Authority and Culture ratings.
- As Emperor, set edicts, laws and decrees to balance power and move into a glorious new Era, with new technologies and military units that change the game!
Iceberg Interactive has it set for Steam Early Access in Q1 2016 (i.e. VERY SOON).